Go Mt Airy Supper Sessions, Mt Airy CDC’s signature outdoor event, is back for the first time since the pandemic. Come out and rediscover the community and small businesses that make our neighborhood unforgettable!
WHEN It Is: As with 2019’s sessions, we’re going monthly, from July to September:
- Wednesday, July 13th, 5:00-9:00pm (rain date Weds 7/20)
Wednesday, August 10th(RAIN DATE Wednesday, August 24, 5:00-9:00pm)
- Wednesday, September 14th, 5:00-9:00pm (rain date Weds 9/21)
WHAT It Is: At Supper Sessions, the 7100 block of Germantown Avenue is closed to cars, trucks and buses, and Mt. Airy’s historic commercial corridor is opened to the people. For 2022, patrons can order from their favorite eateries and sit down to enjoy their food at communal tables arranged across the Belgian blocks and trolley tracks of Germantown Avenue. Sit down with family and neighbors, or better yet, make a new friend as you enjoy local fare. In addition to brick-and-mortar restaurants, guest food trucks add some rotating variety, a DJ sets the vibe for the evening, and kids activities including story time ensure that Supper Sessions is fun for the whole family. If you like your supper with a side of shopping, be sure to explore the shops that will be staying open late along the block. See below for a list of confirmed participants!
Parking and Logistics: While the 55 parking spaces in the municipal lot behind Rothe Florists are closed for the event, over 80 spaces in the lot behind the Sedgwick Theater are available—enter off of Chew Avenue. SEPTA’s 23 bus is also rerouted one block east to Chew Avenue.
Family Fun: For August 2022, KiddieTown (@usekiddietown) will be bringing their moon-bounce to Supper Sessions for the enjoyment of children. Tickets are $10 (cash or e-payments only). Mt. Airy CDC is proud to offer free children’s storytimes on the festival block from 6-8pm on all event dates. Cornhole games will also be open to the public.
Merch: Visit the Go Mt. Airy tent to get your hands on the 2022 Mt. Airy t-shirt, available for purchase on-site. For August and September, reusable Go Mt. Airy cups will also be in stock.
September 14, 2022 Line-up: Updated regularly
Food and Drink | The following establishments will be open and offering food and drink for take-out*:
- McMenamin’s Tavern (7170 Germantown Avenue)–Pub fare and more
- Jacob’s Northwest (7165 Germantown Avenue)–Fresh summer seafood
- Mi Puebla (7157 Germantown Avenue)–Authentic Mexican
- Golden Crust Pizza (7153 Germantown Avenue)–Pizza shop classics
- Brotherly Grub Cafe (7135 Germantown Avenue)–Soul Food favorites
- The Juice Room (7127 Germantown Avenue)–offering take-out through 7:30pm–Fresh-made juices and bites
- Jyoti (7220 Germantown Avenue)–offering take-out through 7:45pm–Authentic Indian
- Trattoria Moma (7131 Germantown Avenue)–Italian specials
- The Frosted Fox (pop-up)–Artisan baked goods
- Young American Cider–Local hard cider
- Tired Hands Brewing Company–Local brews
- Stateside Vodka–Locally-distilled spirits
- Cousins Maine Lobster Foodtruck–Lobster rolls and entrees
- Brotherly Grub Foodtruck–Philly cheesesteaks
- Korea Taqueria Foodtruck–Handheld Korean specialties
*For patrons seeking full waiter service, please note that table service is not available at the communal dining tables, but remains available on-premises and at designated outdoor cafe tables at participating locations.
Vendors | The following vendors will be open and on the street:
- Acme: Offering seasonal Flu Shots on-site!
- Edward Jones
- Quintessence Theatre
- Kiddie Town (@usekiddietown): Moon bounce
- I Spy You Buy
- Re/max Affiliates
- The Movement Philly
- Action Karate
- Queenie’s Pets
- Queen Eyes
- Rothe Florist
- Cardonic Chiropractor
- Aunt Verlea’s Pound Cake Experience
- West Mt. Airy Neighbors
- Allens Lane Art Center
- MALT (Mt. Airy Learning Tree)
- My Independence at Home
- AM PM Homecare Services
- New Courtland
- Sow and Sew
- Fergie’s Instructional Training (FIT)
- Action Tank
- Got U Covered
- Voluptuous Look
- Roots of Life
- NW Philly Voter Engagement Project
- Community NetZero Education Project
- The Rounds Co.
- Clover Montessori School
- Mt. Airy Local Newspaper
- Office of State Rep. Chris Rabb
- Bella Mosaic Art
- United Way of Greater Philadelphia
- Friends of the Cresheim Trail