We know you’ve got lots of choices for making a tax-deductible year-end donation, and we’re beyond grateful that you’ll consider Mt Airy CDC. For over 40 years, our organization has existed to serve and uplift the Mt Airy community. While our public events took a pause for a second year of covid, we still worked hard this year and have some numbers to share with you.
HOUSING COUNSELING • EMPOWERING LONG TERM HOMEOWNERSHIP
- We hosted over 40 first-time homebuyer workshops, attended by over 500 people.
- We helped 50 renters stay in their homes through the city’s Eviction Diversion program.
- We helped an additional 10 homeowners avoid foreclosure and remain in their homes.
GO MT AIRY BUSINESS ASSOCIATION • #SHOPMTAIRY
- We raised over $80,000 in community donations and distributed all of it directly to businesses affected by the pandemic, 75% of which were BIPOC-owned businesses.
- We built on relationships with over 70 local businesses who are members of the Business Association.
- We continue to support our local businesses via business development resources, networking opportunities, and promotion through @GoMtAiry social media channels.
PHILLYiHUB • THE SEED OF THE ENTREPRENEURIAL ECOSYSTEM
- We graduated nearly 50 business owners and entrepreneurs through four cohorts of the PhillyiHub, our business and entrepreneurship training program that’s been held over Zoom since Spring 2020.
- We announced an expansion of the program through a partnership with Fairmount CDC and with the support of Wells Fargo’s Open for Business initiative.
LITERACY & SCHOOLS • CREATING A LITERACY RICH NORTHWEST
- We hosted summer reading camp for a third year at Holman Field featuring reading captains, peer-aged mentors, and lunch for kids ages 5–12.
- We completed the first year of the three-year Literacy Rich Northwest project, which will embed playful learning and early literacy engagement in Germantown.
- We partnered with Senator Art Haywood to help grow his Reading Spaces Everywhere.
2022: A RETURN TO IN-PERSON EVENTS
In addition to keeping the above initiatives rolling, we are planning for a 2022 that at last includes a return to in-person events, including the Go Mt Airy Business Expo and Job Fair, Moonlight Movies, Supper Sessions, and Autumn on the Avenue. We’re also looking forward to the return of Mt Airy Day, which will be the 50th celebration, hosted by our community partners East Mt Airy Neighbors (EMAN) and West Mt Airy Neighbors (WMAN).
Stay tuned for all of the above, thank you again for considering Mt Airy CDC for your year-end donation, and happy holidays from all of us!
— Aaron, Aggie, Brad, Cheryl, Cynthia, Dana, Gary, Kenyetta, Michelle, Roberta, Sarajane, Sharon, and Stephanie