I. POSITION SUMMARY:
Working with East Mt. Airy residents, the EMAN Board of Directors and strategic community partners, the Executive Director is responsible for driving the mission of EMAN forward and facilitating the organization’s growth and development to meet the evolving and ever-changing needs of East Mount Airy Neighbors. Key focus areas include enhancing the quality of life for residents, fostering collaborative working relations, stewarding fund development, and fiscal organization health. This is a three-quarter time position, 30 hrs/week.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Strategic Oversight ~15% of the time
- In conjunction with the Board, develop a strategic plan for the organization that is implemented, and monitored
- Evaluate available resources with consideration to their alignment with the mission, strategic plan, and changes in the community and mobilize resources in coordination with the Board President
- Oversee annual audit/financial statements and filing of 990 and BCO-10 in consultation with an independent auditor.
- Oversee relationships with major vendors, including insurance agencies, auditors, and city/state/federal agencies for licensing.
- Ensure EMAN has a visible and respected presence in the community. Develop a comprehensive communications plan that keeps all stakeholders engaged.
- Work with the board, staff, and key stakeholders/partners to develop and implement a mission-driven strategic plan.
- Implement and track annual priorities, utilizing a metrics dashboard, and task list for strategic plan areas.
B. Resource Development and Financial Management ~ 25% of the time
- In conjunction with the board, develop sound fiscal policies to support the sustainability of EMAN
- Develop and implement an income generation plan in coordination with board participation from organized and individual donors, in accordance with the annual budget, strategic plan, and EMAN policies.
- Communicate with the Board and produce accurate and timely reports on a quarterly basis related to prospects, work in flight, and secured funds.
- In conjunction with the President and Treasurer, manage the relationship with The Philadelphia Foundation, provide reports and timely follow up
- Research and find grant possibilities; work with Grants Committee to apply for these funds
- Manage membership database and work with committees to retain and acquire members
C. Program Management ~ 30% of the time
- Conduct an annual assessment of EMAN programs, services, projects, and initiatives.
- Oversee Key considerations include; participation, impact, and cost/benefit
- Serve as primary contact and manage communication for the RCO, related to zoning activity and ensure compliance with RCO obligations. Work closely with committee chairs to ensure open and accurate communication between key parties (applicant, committee, and community)is achieved.
- Explore programming feasibility; collaborate with committees to implement program facilitation
- Pursue opportunities for staffing support through volunteers, fellows, and internship programs
D. Community Relations ~30% of the time
- Strengthen existing relationships, cultivate new relationships and work effectively on behalf of EMAN with other nonprofits, businesses, city agencies, elected officials, the 14th PPD, the general public, and the media, for increased EMAN effectiveness and community development.
- Promote visibility of EMAN and its neighborhood value, including through the use of technology, i.e. website updates, newsletter and social media communications, and CRM tools.
- Manage phone, email, and social media communication channels, and provide timely follow up
- In conjunction with the President, serve as the primary voice of the organization in the media and public forums.
III. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 8 years experience in nonprofit/government agency operations
- Computer proficiency required; experience w/ CMS and CRM and social media platforms
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and complete tasks on time
- Community organizing and grant writing experience are desirable
- Preference candidates residing in East Mt Airy or northwest Philadelphia
V. SPECIAL CONDITIONS
Ability to work flexible scheduling is required, including up to 2 regularly scheduled evening meetings any given week as well as weekends and special events as they arise
VI. LINES OF RESPONSIBILITY
This position reports to the EMAN Board of Directors. Biweekly submission of duties completed and logged hours are expected.
EMAN offers a competitive salary based on experience.
EMAN is an equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates should submit a one-page cover letter and resume to Board@eastmountairy.org. The cover letter should describe (a) previous relevant experience and (b) why the position is right at this stage in his/her/their career.
Applications received by May 25, 2023 will receive full consideration. If you have questions about the role, please email Board@eastmountairy.org and we’d be happy to set up a time for you to speak with one of our board members or active volunteers.
To apply for this job email your details to Board@eastmountairy.org