Mt. Airy CDC is happy to bring back the Go Mt Airy Business Expo for 2022. It’s coming Friday, May 20th, to New Courtland’s facilities at Germantown & Sedgwick. We are grateful to our partners at SCORE Philadelphia and the Community College of Philadelphia for their help in producing this event.
Designed as a platform for Philadelphia businesses to convene, converse, and learn, the Business Expo brings together helpful workshops, a resource center with useful information, and much more — including networking over happy hour! We’ll also have businesses and business-support organizations exhibiting.
Vending spaces are $60; general attendance is FREE. Both include continental breakfast. Lunch from Herb Scott Catering available for pre-purchase (May 13 deadline for lunch purchase — thank you).
GO MT. AIRY BUSINESS EXPO AGENDA
8:30–10am: REGISTRATION, NETWORKING, RESOURCE CENTER OPEN, & CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST — Presented by Larry V Daniels, Financial Advisor: Edward Jones
- Coffee, tea, and pastries
- 10am: 3 Keys To Social Media Success (presented by Social Media Strategist and Trainer, Aliya Hammond)
- In this training, you’ll learn why you need to have a social media strategy, the types of content you should post on social media, and ways to use social media to attract people to your business.
- 11am: E-Commerce and Digital Marketing (presented by SCORE volunteer Sherrill Mosee)
- Let’s face it — the more you see the latest iPhone or that little green Gecko in the GEICO commercial, the greater the probability that you’ll inquire about it or buy it.
- The same thing goes for your product or service. Our daily lives have changed. Most of what we purchase today is purchased electronically. During these times, digital marketing is imperative in starting and growing your business. The more people see your brand and product on their phones or computer, the more they are willing to buy.
- Use eCommerce and digital marketing to become your favorite annoying commercial.
12–2pm: LUNCH / PRESENTATIONS
- Boxed lunch options from Herb Scott Catering [sorry, pre-order has closed]
- Brief lunch presentations from:
- Philip Dawson, Executive Director, Mt Airy CDC
- Larry Daniels, Financial Advisor – Edward Jones
- Christopher Hess – Coordinator, Power Up Your Business & Center for Small Business Education, Growth and Training – Community College of Philadelphia
- Mary Livingston, SCORE Philadelphia Chapter Co-Chair
- Aaron Crump – PhillyiHub Coordinator / Mt Airy CDC Business Services Coordinator
- Ibriz Muhammad – Business Services Manager, Office of Business Services – Philadelphia Department of Commerce
- Jonathan Liss, Senior Policy Analyst, Philadelphia Department of Revenue
AFTERNOON COFFEE — Presented by Philly Office Retail
2–4pm: WORKSHOPS (Presented by SCORE Philadelphia)
- 2pm: Building your Brand (presented by SCORE volunteer Wayne Hunter)
- Learn how your brand can make your business stand out and make an impact in your community. You can build your brand by:
- Finding Your Voice
- Developing a Mission Statement
- Articulating Your Vision
- Delivering Value
- Creating Awareness
- 3pm: Keeping Yourself Legal (presented by SCORE volunteer Zane Johnson)
- New business owners have a lot to stay on top of. One subject that all business owners must grapple with is the law. Whether you’re trying to choose the right legal structure for your business, protect intellectual property or understand the difference between an employee or a private contractor, basic knowledge of the laws impacting business is critical to successful entrepreneurship.
- This workshop is designed to:
- Raise your awareness of the various legal issues impacting most new businesses
- Give you a basic understanding of how to address them
4–5pm: HAPPY HOUR NETWORKING
- Happy hour featuring beer donated by Earth – Bread + Brewery, as well as wine options