MARCH 10, 2020: Due to coronavirus concerns and precautions, the Go Mt. Airy Business Expo has been postponed. We WILL have the event at a later date to be determined, but for now, we must postpone. Thank you for understanding.
The second annual Go Mt. Airy Business Expo is coming on Saturday, March 28th. Presented by the Univest and hosted by the Go Mt. Airy Business Association (managed by Mt. Airy CDC), it will again be at the New Covenant Church of Philadelphia. We are grateful to our partners at SCORE Philadelphia and the Community College of Philadelphia for their help in producing this event.
Designed as a platform for Northwest Philadelphia businesses to convene, converse, and learn, the Expo brings together resources, features helpful workshops and a keynote speaker, and lunch by Herb Scott Catering is included. We’ll also have businesses and business-support organizations exhibiting.
Tables are $60; general attendance is $20. Both include continental breakfast and lunch.
GO MT. AIRY BUSINESS EXPO AGENDA
* Additional details, including times & locations, to come
8–9:30am: REGISTRATION, NETWORKING & CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST
9:30–11am and 1–2:30pm: WORKSHOPS
- Grow With Google workshops
– Google certified trainer Randi Penfil will help you maximize your placement on the most used search engine and its affiliated products
- Social Media workshops
– David Simons of Kingdom Social Media returns to the Business Expo with new strategies to help you get the most out of your social media performance
- Adina Silberstein has grown Queenie’s Pets from a side gig to a successful business with 14 employees. In 2019, Queenie’s received the Customer Service Excellence Award from the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce. Adina is a 2014 graduate of Goldman Sachs’ 10,000 Small Businesses program.
11:30am–1pm: POWER LUNCH
- 11:45am: Landlord Coalition meeting, led by Mt. Airy Business Improvement District (by invitation only)
- 12–12:30pm: Univest will lead a workshop on Business Resources and Services
- Herb Scott Catering returns with a boxed lunch, as well as continental breakfast, including his famous donut wall
- Elected officials will be on hand to meet and greet participants and share information on how their offices can help. Check back for a list of confirmed attendees.
- Showcase your business in a handsome ad book to be distributed to all attendees of the Expo. (Last year, we had over 175.) Details and signup HERE.
- Wanda Thomas Photography returns with an opportunity to update your headshot at an incredibly affordable price
- Cobbina Frempong of Green District Media, Mt. Airy CDC’s partner on all things video (check our archive HERE), will be on hand for free consultations on videos to promote your business.
- Ricardo Tull, Jr., of Design With Artisan, will be available to discuss web design and marketing opportunities.
… AND MORE TO COME